Summer’s here and school’s out – now’s the time to plan your family vacation in Gush Etzion.
It’s so simple: Book your accommodation > Add attractions > Select restaurants > And for dessert, take a hike and visit a spring!
Let’s start by booking accommodation:
When planning your vacation, the first thing you must do is find a place to stay. So what do you prefer – camping, a guesthouse or a tzimmer?
Camping – experiencing nature:
– Han Kashuala– beautifully situated in Gevaot Forest, offering several options. 052-5456020
– Kfar Etzion Field School– choose between camping, a guesthouse, or a tzimmer. 02-9935133
– Deer Land Park– camping facilities. 02-5709768
–Oz VeGaon Nature Reserve– at this beautiful memorial to the three boys you can sleep under the stars. 054-2007354
Guest rooms – ideal for families:
Tzimmers – a real treat for a couple or a family:
– Boutique Etnachta Tzimmer – two designer tzimmers in Bat Ayin for the perfect vacation. 052-8109471
– Ginat Egoz – luxurious tzimmer in Bat Ayin. 052-8753745
– Tal BaKfar – calm and tranquility in Bat Ayin. 052-7203715
– Mararo – stunning tzimmer in Bat Ayin. 054-7489015
– Habustan – log cabin in Bat Ayin. 055-6631755
– The little house in Tekoa – enchanting stone house in Tekoa. 050-6750666
– Nof Herodion – delightful designer tzimmer in Tekoa. 050-6736452
– Your tzimmer in Etzion – Alon Shvut. 052-3003689
– Kfar Etzion Field School – choice of accommodation: camping, guesthouse, or tzimmer. 02-9935133
Now we add attractions:
– Gush Etzion ATVs – guided tours around Gush Etzion. Scenery, sites, and colors. 054-3183333
– Jeep rides – guided tours in the Gush Etzion region. Lior: 054-8006920 Arieh: 052-8348099
– Caliber 3 – Security and anti-terrorist school. Combat rappelling, krav maga, clay shooting, and more. 02-6734334
– Deer Land Park – family challenge. The longest Zipline in the country! 02-5709768
– The Herodion Horse Farm – horse farm, riding lessons and horse riding in the area. 054-9059376
– Kfar Etzion escape rooms – 2 escape rooms in one area. Let’s see you get out! 02-9935370
– Biyar aqueduct – walking tour through water in the ancient aqueduct. 02-9935133 ext. 5
Visitors centers and heritage sites:
– Kfar Etzion visitors center – sound and light show depicting the establishment of Gush Etzion. 02-9935160
– Gush Etzion Winery – wine tasting, tours, and talks. 02-9309220
– Herodion National Park – archaeological site, King Herod’s palace and his tomb. 02-5953591
– Tsomet Institute Visitors Center – combining halacha and technology. 052-3115111
– Lavie Winery – specializing in fine liqueurs. Tours, tasting and explanations. 052-7203240
– Vernissage Gallery – fine art created by Tekoa artists. 050-9605642
– The Workshop – private classes for making Judaica articles from wood in Rosh Tzurim. 054-6785813
– Iris Designs – creative workshop and chocolate workshop. 054-3377513
– Shokoladchik – fun-filled chocolate workshops. 054-4792611
– Pat BaMelach – learn to make sourdough bread in Rosh Tzurim. 02-5020262
– Shlomo’s Animals – petting zoo and workshops with animals. 055-6660897
– Havayot Center – hundreds of animals. Therapeutic workshops with animals. 054-3022260
– Sde-Bar – dairy farm and restaurant at the foothills of Herodion. Cheese-making workshops. 052-5255710
Meat or dairy?
– Roza – situated in the Metsudat Etzion fortress at Tzomet haGush. 02-6504483
– Hashnitzelia – this branch of the fast food chain is located in the Tsomet haGush mall. 02-9990454
– Hummus Ha’aretz – home-made (parve) hummus with everything added. 02-9935366
– Hahamama – café, confectionary, and plant nursery in Kfar Etzion. 02-6230465
– Bayekev – the Gush Etzion Winery’s fish and dairy restaurant at Tzomet haGush. 02-9309220
– Sde Bar – dairy restaurant at the foothills of Herodion. 052-5255710
– Café Greg – a branch of the café chain, located in the Tsomet haGush mall. 02-6642223
– Pizza Alon Shvut – situated in the Alon Shvut Industrial Area. 02-9934244
– Pizza Hashikma – at Tsomet haGush. 02-6535832.
And for dessert, take a hike and visit a spring!
For a list of local springs, check out the site.
For a list of hiking trails, click here!
Enjoy your vacation! Have a great time!